A 40-page softback book containing:
- War Zone Vigilus: a brief history of this embattled world – a vital supplier of materiel for the Imperium – and the events leading to the bitter clashes that dominate the surface;
- Space Marines: an introduction to the greatest warriors of the Imperium of Mankind, and the Ultramarines Chapter which embodies their ideals more than any other;
- Craftworlds: a primer on the Asuryani of the Craftworlds, a race desperately fighting to preserve its culture and punish its foes;
- Blood Vendetta: an overview of the intentions and purpose behind the Asuryani of Saim-Hann’s focus on Vigilus, the lengths to which they will go to carry out their mission and the manner in which the defenders of this world will deal with this incursion;
- Detailed background information on each unit included in the box;
- A miniatures showcase featuring a beautifully painted examples of the miniatures in Wake the Dead.
- 8 datasheets providing rules for each of the included miniatures;
- 4 Echoes of War missions, which can be linked together to form a small campaign echoing the narrative of Wake the Dead;
- Runes of Battle: 6 psychic powers for use by the Spiritseer;
- Points values for every included miniature, for use in Matched Play.
- 5 Intercessors: these can be armed with 3 different variant bolt rifles, with options for a Sergeant, 1 Intercessor holding a combat knife and 1 holding a bolt pistol. 18 heads, 6 pistol holsters, 5 ammunition and grenade pouches, 3 combat knife scabbards, 2 single grenade pouches and 2 bolt pistol ammunition pouches are included, meaning a huge variety of customisation and spares;
- 5 Reivers: these include a host of weapon options, with 5 heavy bolt pistols, 6 bolt carbines and 7 combat knives are included, with the loadout options being carbine, pistol and carbine or pistol and combat knife.Each model can also feature grav-chutes – 10 fins are included, 5 for each side of the Reivers’ backpacks. They have plenty of helmet options, too – 10 helmets featuring their unique skull design, 10 with the top removed and the lower half remaining and 4 Sergeant-specific bare heads;
- 3 Inceptors: armed with either 2 plasma exterminators each or 2 assault bolters each, these models include 5 different helmets and 4 purity seals – 1 of these is doubled, to denote a Sergeant;
- A Primaris Lieutenant: armed with a power sword and bolt pistol, he clutches a rosary, has a helm featuring a laurel wreath and iron halo emblems on his chest and forearms.
- A 10-man Guardian Squad: this is made up of 8 Guardians armed with shuriken catapults, and a weapons platform with 2 crew – the platform can be built with either a bright lance, a missile launcher, a scatter laser, a starcannon or shuriken cannon;
- 5 Wraithguard: these are armed with a choice of wraith cannon, D-scythe, swords and axes;
- A Wave Serpent: a troop-carrying vehicle armed with a choice of twin bright lance, twin star cannon, twin missile launcher, twin shuriken cannon and a twin scatter laser turret
- A Spiritseer: wielding a Aeldari blade and witch staff, with a shuriken pistol holstered at his back, the Spiritseer is posed with his foot atop a piece of ruined architecture.
Also included are 2 transfer sheets – 1 Aeldari and 1 Ultramarines Infantry – and a fold-out Warhammer 40,000 Core Rules sheet.